It’s time to register to vote | Community Spirit
The Ada and Cascade Townships are reminding residents of their voting options in November.
The General Election will take place on November 6th, 2012. On the ballot for this election, you will be voting for the President of the United States, Vice President, and members of Congress and the Senate, State House, State Board of Education, State University Boards, Judges, and County and Township offices that won in the Primary (as seen above).
The last date you can register to vote for the November General Election is October 9. To register to vote you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old by Election Day, and a resident of Michigan. You can register to vote for federal, state, and local elections by mail (forms available on the Secretary of State’s web site), at the county, the Ada Township Clerk’s office and Cascade Township Office, or by visiting a Secretary of State Branch office. Also, whenever you move to a new municipality you must re-register. If you move within your municipality you must update your address
Absentee Voter Ballots are available for every election for voters who are unable to attend the polls on Election Day. As a registered voter, you may obtain an absentee ballot if you are:
• age 60 years old or older; unable to vote without assistance at the polls;
• expecting to be out of town on election day;
• in jail awaiting arraignment or trial;
• unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons;
• appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence.
To receive an Absent Voter Ballot, you may download an application from the Secretary of State’s web site and send to your township clerks or you may call or stop in Township Clerk’s offices to request an application. After the clerk’s office receives your completed application, a ballot will be issued to you when they are available before the election. It will be mailed to you; you will vote your ballot and then either mail it back to the clerk or return it in person. For more information either visit the township offices or check out their web sites.
Ada Township Offices:
7330 Thornapple River DR
P.O. Box 370, Ada, MI 49301
Phone: (616) 676-9191
Fax: (616) 676-5870
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PM ...
Cascade Township Offices:
2865 Thornhills Drive SE
Cascade, MI 49546
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Lowell: Adecco job fair July 30
- My Town Lowell: Pink Arrow pride on display during Quiver run and walk July 29
- My Town: Save lives and help fight cancer during Pink Arrow blood drive July 29
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified