Cascade Township Historical Society News... | Community Spirit
The Cascade Township Historical Society has developed an initiative to identify Cascade Township Heritage Sites. The Cascade Historical Society will evaluate applications for the designation of "Cascade Heritage Site" and issue a proclamation if the application is accepted and approved.
Considering the noted criteria listed below, the application should be submitted to the Cascade Historical Society, who will discuss and consider the application within the next two regularly scheduled Society meetings. The application should be in the form of a letter and supporting photographs. Heritage site plaques can be purchased from the Society for a visual display of the designation. The cost of a Heritage Site plaque is $50.00.
Criteria for designation as a Cascade Township Heritage Site:
1. The site has signifi cant character that is relevant to Cascade Township and the larger community.
2. Character is defi ned solely or in part by age, interest, the value as part of the development heritage or cultural characteristics of the Cascade township community.
3. Is the site of a historical event.
4. Exemplifi es the cultural, political, economic, social or historical heritage of the community.
5. Embodies distinguishing characteristics of an architectural or engineering type or contains elements of design, detail, materials, or craftsmanship.
6. Owing to its unique location or physical characteristics, represents an established and familiar visual feature of a neighborhood or the community as a whole.
7. The Cascade Historical Society retains the authority to make decisions based on these or other criteria as deemed appropriate.
Applicants must acknowledge that the property or site description may appear "Publicly" in printed or an electronic format.
The mailing address of the Cascade Historical Society is:
Cascade Historical Society
2865 Thornhills Ave. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546