USA Today travel writer wraps up West Michigan tour | News
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Thursday was the final day of a tour of West Michigan for a national travel writer.
USA Today travel and airline reporter Ben Mutzabaugh interviewed officials and took a tour of Gerald R. Ford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
His airline blog will feature West Michigan, which won the honor through an online contest. Mutzabaugh visited Grand Rapids and the lakeshore over the past few days.
He says he's excited to share West Michigan with his millions of readers.
"I learned a lot about not just Grand Rapids, but West Michigan," says Mutzabaugh. "My trick now is to go home and figure out how to take what I've seen and what I've heard to come up with a story to share for a national audience, to give people a snapshot of what I've seen here in the Grand Rapids area."
Mutzabaugh is now heading back to finish that story. He says it will likely come out sometime next week.
USA Today is owned by Gannett, which is also WZZM 13's parent company.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Lowell: Adecco job fair July 30
- My Town Lowell: Pink Arrow pride on display during Quiver run and walk July 29
- My Town: Save lives and help fight cancer during Pink Arrow blood drive July 29
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified