USA Today travel writer wraps up West Michigan tour | News
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Thursday was the final day of a tour of West Michigan for a national travel writer.
USA Today travel and airline reporter Ben Mutzabaugh interviewed officials and took a tour of Gerald R. Ford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
His airline blog will feature West Michigan, which won the honor through an online contest. Mutzabaugh visited Grand Rapids and the lakeshore over the past few days.
He says he's excited to share West Michigan with his millions of readers.
"I learned a lot about not just Grand Rapids, but West Michigan," says Mutzabaugh. "My trick now is to go home and figure out how to take what I've seen and what I've heard to come up with a story to share for a national audience, to give people a snapshot of what I've seen here in the Grand Rapids area."
Mutzabaugh is now heading back to finish that story. He says it will likely come out sometime next week.
USA Today is owned by Gannett, which is also WZZM 13's parent company.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kentwood man dies after Kent Co. crash
- My Town Kentwood: New took means no waiting at local Secretary of State office
- My Town Kentwood: Student readers eager to join 100 Point Club
- My Town Kentwood: EmploymentGroup Launches next round of 5 in 5 Scholarships
- Wyoming Parks & Recreation Spring/Summer Services now available
- My Town Lowell: Flat River Outreach Ministries prepares for Food Fight 2014
- My Town Lowell: Help create a new trail in Fallasburg Park
- My Town Lowell: Experience Poverty FROM the heart April 22
- My Town Lowell: Scammer to police chief: 'You owe $3,000'
- My Town Lowell: Riverwalk Master Plan forum April 17