USA Today travel writer wraps up West Michigan tour | News
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Thursday was the final day of a tour of West Michigan for a national travel writer.
USA Today travel and airline reporter Ben Mutzabaugh interviewed officials and took a tour of Gerald R. Ford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
His airline blog will feature West Michigan, which won the honor through an online contest. Mutzabaugh visited Grand Rapids and the lakeshore over the past few days.
He says he's excited to share West Michigan with his millions of readers.
"I learned a lot about not just Grand Rapids, but West Michigan," says Mutzabaugh. "My trick now is to go home and figure out how to take what I've seen and what I've heard to come up with a story to share for a national audience, to give people a snapshot of what I've seen here in the Grand Rapids area."
Mutzabaugh is now heading back to finish that story. He says it will likely come out sometime next week.
USA Today is owned by Gannett, which is also WZZM 13's parent company.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town EGR: Bicycle thefts lead to alert from officers
- Local athlete preparing for triathlon world championship
- My Town EGR: City council approves tighter restrictions on panhandling
- My Town EGR: Lakeside Drive construction enters new phase
- My Town: Gaslight Village retailer welcomes new name and location
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified
- Ionia Free Fair open
- My Town: Whites Bridge Historical Society granted oversight of bridge area
- My Town: City lifts boil water advisory for downtown Lowell