Is Forest Hills Foods being sold to Spartan Stores? | News
Grand Rapids Twp, Mich (WZZM) - A popular grocery store, Forest Hills Food, in the Forest Hills area could be purchased by Spartan Stores.
It has customers, concerned. Mary Wachter has been going there for 25 years. "They have anything I want. If they don't, they'll order it. Always plenty of check-outs open and everyone is so nice."
Established in 1959, Forest Hills Foods has been the hometown grocery store for residents in Ada, Cascade and Grand Rapids Townships. Someone is always there to take your groceries to your car and the store is always busy. "You walk into the store and you feel vibrant. The staff is working, customers are finding what they need, there's a positive energy that you don't get in another store," says Marsha Clifford.
The owner of Forest Hills Foods wouldn't comment about the possible sale, but customers say they've already heard from friends and the staff that it's being purchased by Spartan Stores, the nation's 11th largest grocery distributor, based in Byron Township.
"I just hope that the new owner will continue excellent service and produce they have here," says Chuck Law.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: The Princeton Review names the nation's greenest colleges
- My Town EGR: Public Safety Director reminds riders to remember the helmet ordinance
- My Town EGR: Shuttered beauty boutique reopens as fitness store
- My Town: Lake Drive construction means driving detours
- My Town EGR: Water main flushing to start soon
- My Town Lowell: City Manager releases 2014-2015 budget recommendations
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for Earth Day trail cleanup
- My Town Lowell: Lowell High School hosts Food Fight scrimmage
- My Town Lowell: Flat River Outreach Ministries prepares for Food Fight 2014
- My Town Lowell: Help create a new trail in Fallasburg Park