Suspicious material sent to Zondervan Co. | News
CASCADE TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - The FBI is investigating a suspicious package that was sent to Zondervan Tuesday.
Hazmat crews and the Kent County Sheriff's Department responded to the company at 52nd Street and Patterson at about 7:30am Tuesday when an employee opened a package found to contain an unknown substance.
Investigators have been able to determine that the substance was not dangerous, but are concerned why the package was sent to the company and where it came from.
The company was not evacuated, but some employees were moved to other areas while the clean up took place.
We'll have more details when they become available.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Gaslight Village retailer welcomes new name and location
- My Town: Aquinas College professor elected to Lilly Fellows Program's national board
- My Town: Enjoy the Dog Days of Summer with dogs July 15
- My Town EGR: Final 'Concerts In The Park' performance July 15
- My Town EGR: West Catholic students to earn credits from Aquinas College
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified
- Ionia Free Fair open
- My Town: Whites Bridge Historical Society granted oversight of bridge area
- My Town: Boil Water Advisory in effect for part of downtown Lowell
- My Town Lowell: Winner crowned in FROM's 2014 Food Fight