Suspicious material sent to Zondervan Co. | News
CASCADE TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - The FBI is investigating a suspicious package that was sent to Zondervan Tuesday.
Hazmat crews and the Kent County Sheriff's Department responded to the company at 52nd Street and Patterson at about 7:30am Tuesday when an employee opened a package found to contain an unknown substance.
Investigators have been able to determine that the substance was not dangerous, but are concerned why the package was sent to the company and where it came from.
The company was not evacuated, but some employees were moved to other areas while the clean up took place.
We'll have more details when they become available.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Lowell: Adecco job fair July 30
- My Town Lowell: Pink Arrow pride on display during Quiver run and walk July 29
- My Town: Save lives and help fight cancer during Pink Arrow blood drive July 29
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified