Meijer Gardens ready for the holidays | News
GRAND RAPIDS TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - More than 75,000 visitors are expected at Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in the next six weeks for its annual Christmas and holiday exhibition.
The Holiday Wonderland includes dozens of international trees and more than 30 tiny Grand Rapids landmarks. This year focuses on the Railway Garden, weaving through four indoor garden spaces and bringing together colorful storybook scenes.
Different activities during the exhibit include horse-drawn carriage rides, Dickens-style carolers, Santa visits, and sing-a-long trolley rides.
With a nod to the future Japanese garden, there is also a Gate Pine. This traditional decoration of bamboo, pine, and plum blossoms is placed at the entrances of Japanese homes and businesses to bring prosperity and good luck in the new year.
The exhibit runs through January 6th.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Hide and Seek with God - Finding and Being Found
- My Town: The Princeton Review names the nation's greenest colleges
- My Town EGR: Public Safety Director reminds riders to remember the helmet ordinance
- My Town EGR: Shuttered beauty boutique reopens as fitness store
- My Town: Lake Drive construction means driving detours
- My Town: Lowell earns national award for tree program
- My Town Lowell: City Manager releases 2014-2015 budget recommendations
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for Earth Day trail cleanup
- My Town Lowell: Lowell High School hosts Food Fight scrimmage
- My Town Lowell: Flat River Outreach Ministries prepares for Food Fight 2014