Meijer Gardens ready for the holidays | News
GRAND RAPIDS TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - More than 75,000 visitors are expected at Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in the next six weeks for its annual Christmas and holiday exhibition.
The Holiday Wonderland includes dozens of international trees and more than 30 tiny Grand Rapids landmarks. This year focuses on the Railway Garden, weaving through four indoor garden spaces and bringing together colorful storybook scenes.
Different activities during the exhibit include horse-drawn carriage rides, Dickens-style carolers, Santa visits, and sing-a-long trolley rides.
With a nod to the future Japanese garden, there is also a Gate Pine. This traditional decoration of bamboo, pine, and plum blossoms is placed at the entrances of Japanese homes and businesses to bring prosperity and good luck in the new year.
The exhibit runs through January 6th.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local athlete preparing for triathlon world championship
- My Town EGR: City council approves tighter restrictions on panhandling
- My Town EGR: Lakeside Drive construction enters new phase
- My Town: Gaslight Village retailer welcomes new name and location
- My Town: Aquinas College professor elected to Lilly Fellows Program's national board
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified
- Ionia Free Fair open
- My Town: Whites Bridge Historical Society granted oversight of bridge area
- My Town: City lifts boil water advisory for downtown Lowell