Meijer Gardens ready for the holidays | News
GRAND RAPIDS TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - More than 75,000 visitors are expected at Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in the next six weeks for its annual Christmas and holiday exhibition.
The Holiday Wonderland includes dozens of international trees and more than 30 tiny Grand Rapids landmarks. This year focuses on the Railway Garden, weaving through four indoor garden spaces and bringing together colorful storybook scenes.
Different activities during the exhibit include horse-drawn carriage rides, Dickens-style carolers, Santa visits, and sing-a-long trolley rides.
With a nod to the future Japanese garden, there is also a Gate Pine. This traditional decoration of bamboo, pine, and plum blossoms is placed at the entrances of Japanese homes and businesses to bring prosperity and good luck in the new year.
The exhibit runs through January 6th.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kentwood man dies after Kent Co. crash
- My Town Kentwood: New took means no waiting at local Secretary of State office
- My Town Kentwood: Student readers eager to join 100 Point Club
- My Town Kentwood: EmploymentGroup Launches next round of 5 in 5 Scholarships
- Wyoming Parks & Recreation Spring/Summer Services now available
- My Town Lowell: Flat River Outreach Ministries prepares for Food Fight 2014
- My Town Lowell: Help create a new trail in Fallasburg Park
- My Town Lowell: Experience Poverty FROM the heart April 22
- My Town Lowell: Scammer to police chief: 'You owe $3,000'
- My Town Lowell: Riverwalk Master Plan forum April 17