United's new non-stop GR-Washington flights | News
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- United Airlines will launch new non-stop flights between Gerald R. Ford International Airport and Washington D.C. in 2013, according to airport officials.
The twice-daily flights to Dulles International Airport, operated under United's ExpressJet service, will begin on May 1. Tickets for the flights went on sale Wednesday.
The flights will depart from Ford Airport at 9:15 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., and arrive at the airport at 2:05 p.m. and 8:23 p.m. the route will be flown on 50-seat Embraer regional jets.
"The addition of service to Washington-Dulles International not only offers our West Michigan flyers a nonstop flight to our nation's capital, it also provides excellent domestic and international connections through another major hub airport," says Brian Ryks, executive director of Gerald R. Ford International Airport, in a news release.
News of the new United flights comes five months after Delta Airlines announced plans to discontinue its daily non-stop flights between Grand Rapids and Washington-Regan National Airport.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: The Princeton Review names the nation's greenest colleges
- My Town EGR: Public Safety Director reminds riders to remember the helmet ordinance
- My Town EGR: Shuttered beauty boutique reopens as fitness store
- My Town: Lake Drive construction means driving detours
- My Town EGR: Water main flushing to start soon
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for Earth Day trail cleanup
- My Town Lowell: Lowell High School hosts Food Fight scrimmage
- My Town Lowell: Flat River Outreach Ministries prepares for Food Fight 2014
- My Town Lowell: Help create a new trail in Fallasburg Park
- My Town Lowell: Experience Poverty FROM the heart April 22