Southwest coming to GRR? "Major announcement" planned | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Managers of Gerald R. Ford International Airport will make what they call a "major announcement" Monday about air service. However, they're not saying what that announcement will be.
Representatives from the Regional Air Alliance of West Michigan will join airport officials for the Monday morning news conference. The alliance previously helped bring Frontier and AirTran Airlines to West Michigan.
There is speculation that Southwest Airlines, which bought AirTran last year, will begin service to West Michigan.
Seven airlines currently serve Gerald R. Ford International Airport.
WZZM 13 will have a live report at Noon on Monday and post all the information on online, as it comes in.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: The Princeton Review names the nation's greenest colleges
- My Town EGR: Public Safety Director reminds riders to remember the helmet ordinance
- My Town EGR: Shuttered beauty boutique reopens as fitness store
- My Town: Lake Drive construction means driving detours
- My Town EGR: Water main flushing to start soon
- My Town Lowell: City Manager releases 2014-2015 budget recommendations
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for Earth Day trail cleanup
- My Town Lowell: Lowell High School hosts Food Fight scrimmage
- My Town Lowell: Flat River Outreach Ministries prepares for Food Fight 2014
- My Town Lowell: Help create a new trail in Fallasburg Park