Southwest coming to GRR? "Major announcement" planned | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Managers of Gerald R. Ford International Airport will make what they call a "major announcement" Monday about air service. However, they're not saying what that announcement will be.
Representatives from the Regional Air Alliance of West Michigan will join airport officials for the Monday morning news conference. The alliance previously helped bring Frontier and AirTran Airlines to West Michigan.
There is speculation that Southwest Airlines, which bought AirTran last year, will begin service to West Michigan.
Seven airlines currently serve Gerald R. Ford International Airport.
WZZM 13 will have a live report at Noon on Monday and post all the information on online, as it comes in.
Upcoming Events near Ada - Cascade - Forest Hills
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local athlete preparing for triathlon world championship
- My Town EGR: City council approves tighter restrictions on panhandling
- My Town EGR: Lakeside Drive construction enters new phase
- My Town: Gaslight Village retailer welcomes new name and location
- My Town: Aquinas College professor elected to Lilly Fellows Program's national board
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified
- Ionia Free Fair open
- My Town: Whites Bridge Historical Society granted oversight of bridge area
- My Town: City lifts boil water advisory for downtown Lowell